Composite Panel Building Systems’ products are inherently ‘green’ products offering dramatic energy savings, continuous moisture and air barriers, improved air quality and lower life cycle costs than traditional building materials. The eco-friendly C-SIS Stucco System delivers stellar energy performance with high insulating whole-wall R-values that meet the recently adopted IECC 2015 Energy Code requirements – www.EnergyCodes.gov. As importantly, they create an extremely air tight building envelope that eliminates thermal transfers anywhere across the wall surface area.
CPBS’ sheathing goes far beyond energy savings however with unsurpassed air infiltration management. The C-SIS Stucco System also enables performance certification for multiple certification authorities – USGBC – LEED for Homes, NAHB Green Building Standard as well as compliance with EarthCraft and other regional green building standards.
The fundamental green building strengths of CPBS include all of these benefits and more:
- Meet 2015 Energy Codes now –C-SIS Stucco System allows each customer to easily meet and exceed the 2015 energy codes already adopted by cutting energy consumption with high performance polyurethane foam insulation and by significantly reducing air infiltration.
- Sustainable and reusable materials – non-toxic polyurethane foam is not only the highest performing foam, it can be recycled into carpet padding. Recycled composite FRT skins are also used as high value content in new building materials.
- Moisture Management – even with the use of ‘green’ materials a building can be subject to the devastating effects of moisture in different forms. Moisture, if not properly managed, can severely damage a building as well as create health related issues from unseen or undetected mold growth. CPBS building products have integrated moisture management materials and application components that were designed to reduce water and vapor penetration to insignificant, trace amounts.
- Indoor Environmental Quality – Energy savings and sustainability are critical performance factors but many buildings have poor indoor air quality which physically harms the occupants. CPBS building systems are designed to maximize control over air infiltration allowing the HVAC system to efficiently manage ventilation and control air quality inside the building.
- Waste Free Construction – C-SIS sheathing is pre-engineered and built to each customer’s exact dimensional requirements in a tightly controlled plant environment limiting waste in the factory and on the job site.
- Tax Credits and Energy Incentives – CPBS products enable builders and homeowners to achieve tax credits and energy saving incentives with their high energy performance capabilities – for a list of your State’s tax credits and incentives visit the DSIRE Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency at www.dsireusa.org.
- Low Global Warming Potential and Ozone Depletion Probability –C-SIS uses polyurethane foam which has a zero Ozone Depletion Probability (ODP) and is not considered a Volatile Organic Compound (VOC), making CPBS’s product both safe for humans and the environment.