The C-SIS Stucco System is the combination of CPBS’ 1-1/8” or 2-1/8″ insulating C-SIS Sheathing, comprehensive integrated joint sealing methods and materials along with Stuc-O-Flex’s Elastomeric Acrylic Stucco.
CPBS teamed with several major materials manufacturing companies including 3M and their Venture Tape division along with Screw Products. Using these required system accessories, creates the tight joint sealing which drives additional energy, moisture and vapor performance characteristics as well as increases wind loading capabilities. For the C-SIS Stucco System, CPBS has collaborated with Stuc-O-Flex®, the leader in elastomeric stucco finishes to deliver a long lasting, high performance exterior finish over the C-SIS sheathing for new construction or energy retrofit projects. The photo to the right details the C-SIS Stucco System that CPBS has rigorously tested to achieve long term sustainability.
- C-SIS sheathing is attached directly to the framing members using Screw Products 2-3/4″ Bronze Star Screws.
- A small 1/8” gap between the C-SIS foam is filled with 3M’s Venture Tape VG 308 Double-Sided Foam Tape.
- The gap between the FRT skins of the C-SIS is then filled with 3M’s 4000UV Adhesive Sealant that bonds the C-SIS skins together.
- The complete joint, including screw heads, is then covered with 3M’s 8067 All Weather Flashing Tape. This flashing tape is used around all wall penetrations.
- The exterior wall is finished with Stuc-O-Flex’s Elastomeric Acrylic Stucco in a three step process. First, Stuc-O-Flex joint compound is applied over the 3M Flashing Tape, then the whole wall surface receives an application of Stuc-O-Flex Primer. The primed wall is finished with Stuc-O-Flex elastomeric acrylic stucco.
The C-SIS sheathing and incorporated joint sealing system act in unison to block any air, water or vapor infiltration that rob energy performance and can cause seriously damage to your building.